Hamburg Messe und Congress GmbH has joined the "Net Zero Carbon Events" initiative as a signatory. The initiative stands for a worldwide cooperation of the event industry to meet the challenges of the global climate crisis and to overcome them together. In this way, the trade fair and congress industry is making it clear that it will actively collaborate on solutions and new concepts. The initiative was officially presented at the World Climate Summit in Glasgow (COP26) in November 2021.
"Net Zero Carbon Events" aims to bring together a broad range of stakeholders to jointly:
- communicate the event industry’s commitment to combating climate change and the pursuit of "Net Zero."
- develop methods to measure the industry's direct and indirect greenhouse gas emissions.
- create an industry-wide roadmap for Net Zero by 2050 and emissions reductions by 2030.
- encourage collaboration with suppliers and customers, with the goal of joint alignment and definition of common approaches.
- define mechanisms for reporting progress and sharing best practices.
To this end, the initiative developed a roadmap in a participatory process that provides companies in the events industry with a framework for action from which they can derive their case-specific programs.
Here you can learn more about the trend-setting project:
As a ClimatePartner customer, HMC is actively committed to climate protection with the following measures:
- Preparation of the company's carbon footprint
- Determination of reduction potentials
Hamburg Messe und Congress GmbH is an active member of the Hamburg Environmental Partnership.
Header and teaser: © Hamburg Messe und Congress / Jürgen Nerger